There appears to have been a dame school at Quedgeley in 1693. The parish had three schools in 1818: a Sunday school for 30 children supported by William Hayward Winstone, and two dame schools. By 1831 only the Sunday school was recorded, with 50 children.
A National school was opened in 1842 in a building belonging to John Curtis-Hayward. In 1846 there were 30 children, and 45 in 1853. At one time the school may have been held in a building in the rectory garden, but by 1883 a new brick school had been built in School Lane. Average attendance in 1904 was 114 and had declined to 80 by 1922. A new school was built in School Lane in 1928, and the number of pupils in 1936 was 114. The school remained an all-age school until 1951 when a separate secondary modern section was formed, using the same building until 1961.
In that year the Severn Vale County Secondary School was built west of the church. In 1967 it was a mixed school with 290 children. The primary and junior school, a controlled Church of England school held the building of 1928, had c 160 pupils in 1967.